PLANT HORMONES QUANTIFICATION
- Isabel López Díaz Scientific Supervisor
- Esther Carrera Bergua Head of Service
- Teresa Sabater Technician
- Jose Luis Garcia Martinez Initial Scientific Supervisor and founder of the platform (currently retired)
PLANT HORMONES ANALYSIS
The HORMONES ANALYSIS FACILITIES quantify plant hormones by Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (UPLC-MS) using a Thermo Scientific™ Q Exactive™ Hybrid Quadrupole-Orbitrap Mass Spectrometer, installed in the IBMCP and capable of analyzing samples of only 50 mg of fresh weight with concentrations below 0.1 ng /g.
Plant hormones analysed:
- Gibberellins (GAs). GA1 patway (GA1, GA8, GA19, GA20, GA29, GA44, GA53) ; GA4 pathway (GA4, GA9, GA12, GA15, GA24, GA51).
- Other acid hormones. IAA, ABA, JA and SA
- Cytokinins (CKs). Including DHZ, iP and tZ.
To date, this service has analysed Plant Hormones profiles (for GAs, CKs, IAA, JA, ABA and SA) from 100 mg of tissue samples for a large number of research groups of the Spanish Scientific Community and has established partnerships with groups in other countries.
The Plant Hormone Quantification Service is associated to the IBMCP research group: "Hormone metabolism and regulation of plant development" Isabel López-Díaz / Esther Carrera. (Http://www.ibmcp.upv.es/en/investigacion/metabolismo-hormonal-y-regulation-of-d...).
Our team can make analysis for foreign institutions within the framework of a scientific collaboration.
Scientist from Foreign Institutions interested in a scientific collaboration involving the analysis of plant hormones ( GAs, CKs, IAA, JA, ABA and SA) may contact the research group: "Hormone metabolism and regulation of plant development" Isabel López-Díaz / Esther Carrera at the IBMCP. (http://www.ibmcp.upv.es/en/research/plant-hormone-metabolism-and-regulat...). [email@example.com]